Monday, July 27, 2009

Losing Landscape For Modern Convienience

I was taking the picture of the flower below with all of the road workers watching me and one of the workers came up to me and asked me why I was taking a picture of the flower. I stood up and looked at him for a moment and just told him simply that it wasn't going to be there tomarrow so I was taking it's pictue so that I could remember that where the road that they were putting in used to be a beautiful hillside. He just looked at me and told me he was sorry that he was just doing his job. After that conversation it got me to thinking about how much of our beautiful land was getting destroyed so that we could have the conveinience of driving a little faster to get to where we want to go. It's a shame that we dont stop to smell the flowers anymore. We're always in a hurry to get somewhere that we don't think about what we're doing to the environment. If it doesnt directly involve us then we really don't pay attention. Which is a shame because one day it won't be there. Maybe something like that is happening near you, so why don't you go out and take a picture of it or video. You'll be able to tell your kid's later you know where that store or road is... this is what it used to look like. Go on give it a try it couldnt hurt and you may get a really good picture that you want to share.

No comments: